8.01.2011

Round Two!


In case you don't know, that is a pregnancy test.
And that second line means there's a second baby on the way!


There are so many changes going on in the Sarr family these days. I don't talk much about work on this blog, mostly because work is boring and awful not something I really care to think about all day long, but it is necessary to pay the bills. Well, I was a nanny to two sweet girls ages 5 and 8, which I LOVED. I was also a barista at a very well known coffee shop (starts with an S, can you guess?), which I.. didn't love as much as the nanny job. Fortunately I only worked there after 7 pm, so I never missed a beat with Paige while she was awake. I spend all day, every day with her, and after she was sound asleep I'd make lattes and mochas (and a little cash) for a few hours. It made me tired, and I hated missing my husband those nights, but it was only for a season.


AND THAT SEASON IS OFFICIALLY OVER!
Last night was my final shift. I hung up my green apron for good  (actually, it's laying in a pile on the floor waiting to be washed and added to my kitchen apron collection). 


What will I do now, you ask?
Let me tell you.


First, I will take 10 whole days of vacation. Days 1 through 5 will be spent at home, doing my usual with Paige, and enjoying the evenings off with my hubby. Maybe we'll go to the beach a few times, definitly a trip to Target with cousin Shauna after the babies are sleeping, and packing our suitcases. Days 6 through 10 will be spent...


...


drumroll please
...


IN TAHOE!!


I can't tell you how excited I am for this family vacation. We'll be meeting up with Matt's parents and siblings (and their significant others) for 5 days! There are a few things I'm looking forward to:
1. this is a REAL vacation, no work and all play.
2. I'll be hanging out with some of the greatest people I know.
3. Paige is old enough to really enjoy her grandparents, aunt and uncles, and the beach.
4. It is a perfect close to what was, and even more perfect beginning to what will come.



When we get back to reality, I'll be starting my new job, and I couldn't be more excited!


"But I thought you said work was boring and awful?"


That was before.
This is now.
Come on, keep up, will ya?


Starting August 11th, 2011, I will be working from home (MY home!) as a nanny to baby Luca! He is exactly 9 months younger than Paige, and the sweetest little guy. His mom will drop him off in the morning on her way to school (she is a teacher), and pick him up in the afternoon. We'll spend Monday through Friday together, all three (and eventually four) of us. I know it will be crazy fun some days, and crazy difficult other days. I also know this job couldn't be more perfect for our little family. It wasn't something I went searching for. It is something I've always dreamed of doing, but never thought I'd actually get the chance. It kinda just fell in our laps. God's timing, yet again, has totally amazed me.


So there you have it.


I realize I talked more about work and less about the new addition to our family in this post, but trust me, there will be plenty of updates on that issue. My first prenatal appointment is August 15th, so hopefully they'll be able to tell me how far along I am! My guess is a due date around April 7th. Wanna place your bets?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness congrats!! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on lil baby #2!! Two is a handful but extremely FUN :) I love every minute.

    Are we going to see some photos from miss Paige's 1st birthday party??

    Have a lovely Monday.

    Ash from www.themanyfacesofreagan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls!

    Oh my gosh, I can't believe I didn't put any first birthday pictures up! Will do. Next post. I promise.

    Where is my brain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your brain is gone with the new baby!! So excited for all your fun changes!!

    ReplyDelete