9.29.2011

Popsicle-face



Needless to say, she loved my homemade popsicles!

I found the fun freezer molds at a kitchen store in Pismo.
I'm sure you could find them anywhere, and I think they were only a couple bucks.
The best part about these frozen treats?
They're as healthy as you want them to be!
(But shhhhh... don't tell her..)



For this set, I blended up some
plain whole milk yogurt,
frozen blue- black- and raspberries,
a date for added sweetness,
and a splash of water to thin it out.
Then poured the "smoothie" into my popsicle molds,
and left them in the freezer for half a day or so.

I tried one myself, and it was pretty tasty.
I think next time I'll add a banana (for flavor)
and spinach (for nutrition).

And maybe I'll make a couple "mom" treats with chocolate and peanut butter...
Again, don't tell her..


1 comment: