10.19.2011

Who wants a baby update?



This week, baby is the size of an avocado.
Or, as Paige would say, "cado."

I may have felt some flutters the other night, but I'm not 100% sure.

I hardly feel pregnant, only a few weeks of nausea in the beginning. 

As far as food goes, I'm pretty much in the mood to eat anything.
And everything.
And some of that, too.

Baby's heart rate was between 140 and 150 at my midwife appointment yesterday.
The assistant said "You look cute!"
My midwife said "You look wonderful and you're gaining weight perfectly!"
I might schedule an appointment every other day if I'm going to get
bombarded with compliments as I walk through the office.
:)

We have a girl and a boy name picked out. I'm having a hard time settling on our boy name for some reason. I don't know why. It was the name we had picked out for Paige if she had been a boy, so you'd think it would be an easy decision. Maybe I feel like it still kinda belongs to her? I know, so weird. I guess we'll cross that bridge next month..

Next month!
Yes!

My 20 week ultrasound is scheduled for the middle of November. We're going to have the ultrasound tech write down "boy" or "girl" and seal it in an envelope without telling us at the appointment, then have someone bake a cake or cupcakes that are pink or blue inside, according to the gender. Whatever color shows up on the first bite will tell us what this little avocado is! We did a "gender reveal party" with a cake when I was pregnant with Paige and it was SO much fun. I really enjoyed having our friends and family in on the surprise. I was definitely shocked to see a pink cake then, I really had a feeling it was a boy.

I was wrong.
This time I don't have any feelings.
Only one dream, and in the dream I cut into a cake and saw pink and blue swirls..

Twins.

!!!

So since my "feelings" and dreams are WAY off, I'm not making any guesses this time around!


Well there you have it! With Paige I think I took a belly picture and wrote a little update about every week. I'm planning on cutting back this time around to probably every 4 weeks. Maybe two if there are major changes. Why? Well, I'm a little busier than I was the last time I was pregnant. I don't want to set myself up for failure! You all know how I like to really space out my blog updates lately.. I'll try to work on that.




Oh, you thought I'd leave without a picture of Paige?
Here she is falling in love with our friends' soft, squishy, old lady pug.

6 comments:

  1. such a cute pic of Paige and the pug!!!!!
    And I can't wait to find out what color cake you have this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I am so excited and sad at the same time. Excited because well, duh another adorable Sarr baby..... Sad because that picture of Paige makes her look like such a big girl!! I don't want her to be a big girl yet. I'm not ready for that. Paige growing up means that Stella is growing up. No no no. I refuse it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel about the name...I don't want to use the girl name we picked for Casey anymore because I feel like that road didn't appear. You do look very cute! I'm excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for baby updates!! And can't wait til I can feel that little "cado" rollin around in that tummy of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete